Sunday 3 March 2013

Full cap progress

I have been stuck at home with the flu for a few days, with nothing to do but watch Netflix and ventilate.  I have made a bit of progress, probably about an inch up the nape.  My largest needle is a #2, so ventilation is slow-going.  But with the pattern I'm using, the density should be about right - somewhere in the neighbourhood of 65%.

The hair is looking a little frizzy.  It is indian remy hair that I'm cutting off an old lace wig.  It was originally quite wavy, but I read somewhere that if you boil the hair the wave will relax.  Well, it did, but the hair has frizzed instead.  I'm hoping I'll be able to smooth it out once it's finished, but this might be as good as it gets.  I don't think I'll be boiling any more wigs...



No comments:

Post a Comment