Wednesday, 14 November 2012


Well, I finally plucked up the courage to start the cut-in.  As I expected, this was much harder for me than the actual making of the piece.  I really need to get someone to show me the basics of hair cutting. However, I have made a bit of progress.  It's a bit rough around the edges, and still needs a lot more work to thin it out and get it to blend properly, but so far so good.  I really wanted to see how it would actually work on my head, so I (maybe foolishly) decided to cut off the excess lace and try a quick application with water-soluble glue, just to give me an idea.  As you can see, by the time I took the photos, the piece had started to detach, but I have to say I'm pretty happy overall.  I have learned a lot in the process of making this piece.  I think my next one will be much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment