I have just finished the ventilation of my first hairpiece, and I'm pretty happy with it. Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos before the piece was finished, but I decided to start documenting my progress. I encountered so many problems along the way, which I will detail as the blog progresses, but for now I would just like to post a few photos of the piece.
The unit was made using a single piece of lace (which was sold as 'Swiss' lace, although it is much stiffer and heavier than other Swiss lace I have found subsequently. That will be the topic of a later blog...) The hair is a combination of Brazilian Remy human hair (ash brown) and Futura synthetic hair (white). The entire piece was ventilated using single hairs, and single knots. The photos show the piece before the hair has been cut, and also before the knots have been bleached.