Sunday 4 November 2012

Welcome to HairSay!

This blog is about my attempt to teach myself the process of creating wigs and hairpieces.  There doesn't seem to be a great deal of information out there on this subject, despite the fact that there seem to be a lot of people interested in learning wig making.  I'm hoping that this will be a place to share ideas and information with others who are interested in the process.

I have just finished the ventilation of my first hairpiece, and I'm pretty happy with it.  Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos before the piece was finished, but I decided to start documenting my progress.  I encountered so many problems along the way, which I will detail as the blog progresses, but for now I would just like to post a few photos of the piece.

The unit was made using a single piece of lace (which was sold as 'Swiss' lace, although it is much stiffer and heavier than other Swiss lace I have found subsequently.  That will be the topic of a later blog...)  The hair is a combination of Brazilian Remy human hair (ash brown) and Futura synthetic hair (white).  The entire piece was ventilated using single hairs, and single knots.  The photos show the piece before the hair has been cut, and also before the knots have been bleached.









No comments:

Post a Comment