Sunday 26 May 2013

DIY Mini Drawing Mats

I had a brainstorm while meandering the aisles of my local Dollarama recently.  I was in the pet aisle (for no particular reason, I don't have a pet...!) and I noticed a section of pet brushes with wire bristles.  They reminded me of drawing mats that wigmakers use for holding and organizing loose hair while working, so I thought, why not?

I bought 2 of them for $1.25 each, and when I got home I took them apart.  They just unclip at the back, and come apart very easily.  The bristled mats just popped out and, and presto!  A pair of mini drawing mats!

The bristle area on each brush is only 1.5 by 3 inches, but they are fine for holding small amounts of hair while working on a project.




12 comments:

  1. is there a way i can contact you? I'm interested about your work.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you're the same person who posted on the ventilation page, but yes - my email is hairsay514@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. yes its me ,thank you for the reply, i will email you the sooner( after the weekend), thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally I sent you an email yesterday,..i'm looking forward to hear from you soon,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry to say I didn't receive your email for some reason... is it possible to try sending it again?

      Delete
  4. I just did 10 minutes ago, hope you receive it this time ,.. my email is thessgeor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still didn't get it, sorry! I just sent you an email at your gmail address. Hopefully that will work...

      Delete
    2. I sent you an email last night with a lot of links and information, I hope you got it! If not, let me know and I will try to resend...

      Delete
  5. I think this is an interesting and meaningful thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can be useful for small amounts of hair, although to be honest, I don't use it very often.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! Anything that doesn't cost a fortune is a great idea to me... :) But as I said, I don't find I use them very often. Do you use drawing mats yourself?

      Delete